Tuesday, April 13, 2010

RollerJam Sample

I had mentioned before that my father and I were hooked on a show on TNN back in the day called RollerJam, before they ruined it by emphasizing the pro-wrestling aspect of it.

I mentioned it to some of the Dames and Rollergirls at the after party on Friday, many had never heard of it.

With this in mind here is a bit of a sample of RollerJam pre-stupidity.

As you watch, listen for the name Stacey Blitsch. She is a native of Oelwein, Iowa and according to this site from 2008, is the "Queen of the Roller Derby."

Note that I didn't say that- I'm just quoting.

1 comment:

  1. I used to watch Roller Jam,...late 1980's. Believe it used to follow Hulkamania so yea, it certainly carried the wrestling feel to it. When I met the girls that recruited me to my league, I was actually dumb enough to ask them if they ever put an alligator pit in the center of the rink! You can likely imagine the blank stare I received!

    ReplyDelete