Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Flashback: Rollergames

Go Go Berserk of the Quad City Rollers commented on my post on RollerJam that she remembered watching it. Apparently this did make an impression on her as she asked the people who got her into this if there was an alligator tank in the center of the rink.

An alligator tank? Did it get that bad with RollerJam? I wasn't about to call her crazy or accuse her of having a false memory because it was certainly possible that the people who ruined RollerJam would do such a stunt- The thing was damned near impossible to watch by the bitter end.

Come to find out though that there was not an alligator tank in the middle of the arena in RollerJam, but there was another roller derby inspired show called Rollergames. 



Rollergames didn't make it obviously. Neither did Rollergames' own Tammy Hanson cut it in her singing career.

But it looked promising, no? There were lots of gimmicks added to spice up the Derby game that were sure to succeed!



The Wall of Death! The Jumps! The Alligator Pit! The Cheerleaders! The Pop Metal Theme Song I Can't Get Out Of My Head Right Now!

What does it all mean?

I can be a really weird guy who can come up with the most abstract reasons for anything but I can't think of reason much of this.



Most of the time I like to end with a persnickety comment. But this time I got nothing. This show drains all my mental faculties to the point where I'm amazed I can still type at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment