Sunday, April 18, 2010

Derby Culture: Suggestions For A Bout Soundtrack-Phish "First Tube"

Go Go Berserk of the Quad City Rollers asked people on her Facebook Page what songs they like to hear at Roller Derby bout?

Since I am a huge music lover, I began to think about what songs do I think would sound good in a bout soundtrack.

This is only my personal opinion mind you.

The first song I would personally like to hear during a bout is "First Tube" by Phish. I realize that Phish does not have the greatest of names outside the jam band community (for the record I love jam band music), but this song is not your typical jam band noodling. In fact, even though it is close to seven minutes long, it does not feel like a jam at all. The pumping drums and bass line, I believe, make it an excellent accompaniment to a roller derby bout.


No comments:

Post a Comment