Thursday, May 6, 2010

To The Iowa Roller Derby Leagues: An Appeal

Don't take this as a complaint.

This blog is one of my favorite things to do because. Like you I have come to roller derby and since being exposed to the modern game at the Des Moines Derby Dames bout on April 10, I have been consumed with learning all I can about the game and doing all I can to help promote it, via this blog.

The great news is that there are a great deal of things going on in Iowa Roller Derby. The bad news is I am just one guy. Now, I am considering turning this into a mini-business so I can devote more time to covering the Iowa teams and make a buck or two for bout and gas money.

But until that time I need your help. Yes you, on the teams. Help me make this blog the best it can be.

How can you do that? Not with money.

Just tell me what is going on with your team.

I see tonight as I write this that the Des Moines Derby Dames are having a get together on a last minute push to sell tickets to the Saturday night bout at the High Life Lounge. I could have helped promote that event.

If a team is on the news or on the radio or in a newspaper article I want to post it on here. Let me know.

If there is a pre bout ticket sales party, Let me know

If there is a fundraiser the team is doing, I want to know about it. Let me know

If your team has anything going on that you want me to post, let me know.

You can let me know on my facebook page under Iowa Roller Derby Diaries

Or e-mail me at derbydiaries@yahoo.com

I am so excited about the upcoming summer of derby here in the Hawkeye State that I can't wait!

Your help in spreading the word will be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment