Friday, July 16, 2010

ANNOUNCEMENT: No Trade Secrets Policy.

Hi Derby Girls,
In recent days I have heard from a number of derby girls about their concern that in my preview articles concerning bouts I will be giving away team strategy, or "trade secrets" for the world to see. Frankly some of my questions have been geared to talk about strategy and trade secrets. I understand that this would make you hesitant about answering my e-mail interview questions.

I want to write this to let you know that you can trust me. And I am posting this for everyone to know that I mean it. I am announcing here that I will not be revealing any team secrets or strategies in my pre-bout articles.

When I started this site, it was my conviction that Roller Derby is a full-on 100 percent legitimate sport. The ladies who play Roller Derby and the teams that make up the Iowa scene deserve the same press coverage and media attention as other sports. While some media outlets are starting to pay attention, its nowhere near where it should be.

I guess I launched a one man mission to make sure that Derby teams and Derby girls get the attention they deserve. My intention is not to mess any team up by publishing strategies or secrets. It is more to provide a context for the bout, what it means towards the team and the players and at the end of the day, educate the reader on why the bout is important- important enough that they should give their time, money and attention to get to the bout. Put simply, my love and respect for derby, derby teams and derby players is so paramount that I will never intentionally screw a team or a player over.

Put even more simply, you can trust me. My blog has only been in existence since mid-April and, with something new, some kinks need to be ironed out. But I promise you that I am building the best blog that I can. One that not only serves you but also the derby fan. I am going to do the job the right way. And thus I will never rat out another derby teams strategy in pre-bout articles nor will this site be a gossip or slander rag.

You have my word. Trust me. You can talk to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment