Tuesday, June 15, 2010

IRDD June Cover Girl of the Month: Des Moines Derby Dames' Neuro Sis

Real Name:  Kati
Derby Name: Neuro Sis
Team/League: Des Moines Derby Dames --D3!!
Position: Blocker/PivotAge
Age: 29 or younger ;-)
Current Town: Middle of Iowa
High School: Pleasantville High School, Pleasantville, Iowa (Go Trojans)
Family: Bub (Boyfriend) and Sons: Shane 15, J.J. 11, Hayden 9 (GO HAWKS!), and Brady 7. And my sister, Jessica, who is a HUGE derby fan!
Occupation: Administration

Were you athletic growing up?
Not really athletic, but a major tomboy. I played softball in elementary school and a bit of volleyball in high school...nothing varsity or anything like that.

How did you get involved in Derby?
A co-worker (Incendy Aarie from D3) was joining up and I thought it sounded fun!

How has Derby impacted your life?
Derby has totally impacted my life in so many ways! I have made some really close friends and met people that I wouldn't have had the opportunity to before. I realized that there was more than just work, kids, and home life out there; something important to so many people in so many different ways. I feel more like a woman that I ever have and have this HUGE derby family now. I love that Malay Bouaphakeo a.k.a Show Stopper) has brought this wonderful family/sport/experience/opportunity/passion/drive into my life and I don't know if I can ever thank her properly for it! I could go on and on about how great this is!

What is your favorite aspect about derby?
My favorite part about derby...there is too much! The team, the hits, the clothes, the notoriety, the fun, bruises, bouts, after bout parties, adrenaline rushes, inside jokes...almost everything!

What is your least favorite part about derby?
My LEAST favorite would have to be wall sits and planks! UGH!

What are your goals as a derby girl?
My goals for myself in derby are to continue to improve on all the skills (endurance, hitting, blocking) and then eventually become a good jammer (in a season or two!)

2 comments:

  1. she is definitely one of my favorite roller girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...thanks Rad! I love you Wisconsin gals!
    ~Neuro

    ReplyDelete